Thursday, October 9, 2008

Google Books - Task 11


Google Books : - Umm - As I didn't become a fan of LibraryThing, it was unlikely that I would be over the moon about Google Books. But in the interests of undertaking the 23 things learning process, I have set up My Library on Google Books and added 6 books to it. I decided to set up as the cover view - basically it looked the easy way to go.

Unlike Google Scholar, which I feel is great, Google Books doesn't do it for me. Why - I can't really say. Maybe I am a dinosaur but I always want to handle books. You know the dream of a rainy day and curled up on the lounge reading the latest ..... whoever. Ok enough dreaming. I am a great promoter of using ebooks in the Library and believe those making the purchasing decisions should check ebook availability first and buy it if it is available. Of course text books don't really come to mind in my dreaming, curling up with a book is always the latest bestseller.

Now what is this blog about? Are right - partnerships with Libraries. I know that Libraries are linking to Google Books from their catalogues and are partnering in making out of print and out of copyright books available online. Great - if I absolutely have to have find a book that isn't available anywhere else - Google Books it will be.

No comments: